Al was in the middle of a major interior remodel and I stopped by to see the progress. When arrived he was standing outside with some paint swatches and was attempting to envision what the house would look like with siding on the garage and matching painted doors and shutters. He was having a hard time getting a clear picture of what all the changes might look like in the end.
I took photos of the home and mocked up the proposed changes using some creative trickery in Photoshop so he could get a realistic idea of the final results before committing to buying and installing the siding and paint.
I took it a few steps further to demonstrate some things that can be done for MLS listings (without being misleading of course).
- Removed the trailer in driveway and the parked truck
- Cleaned up the dirt on the driveway and sidewalk
- Filled in the mulch
- Removed the sign in the mulch area
- Removed the gas line marker flags
- Removed the hose on the grass
- Color correction (mainly to improve the sky and grass)
- Added siding on the garage
- Selected and colorized the garage, door and shutters
Al was given the confidence to order siding and paint, avoiding a costly mistake or delay.